IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO:
1. Complete Continuing Education Workshops or Homestudies
2. Keep track of your CEC/validation forms.
3. Keep track of your renewal date.
4. Submit copies of your validation forms
5. Submit copy of your current CPR card.
Phone (h)( )_________________________________________
Phone (w)( )_________________________________________
1. A Minimum of 15 total credits are required even if more than one certification is being renewed, not 15 for each certification. CPR counts as 2 CEC’s once per renewal. First Aid counts for 2 CEC’s once per renewal. If you have lifeguarding you get an extra 2 CEC’s. (You get a maximum of 6 CEC's for safety or medical. So if you are in a medical professional like EMT, Nurse Dietician... You can get 2 CEC's in place lifeguarding since you probably have first aid.) At least 2 CEC must be in Water related education.
2. If one of the certifications is the Personal Trainer, than 10 of the CECs must be in wellness, kinesiology, special populations, exercise science, resistance training, or nutrition. (College courses and other training courses are accepted at a rate of 1 CEC per credit hour.)
3. If one of the certifications is Kickboxing, 2 of the CECs must be in land or aqua kickboxing.
4. Extra credits in increments of 7 CEC’s earn 1 year extra on the renewal.
5. If one of the certifications is CORE Water Aerobics 3 CEC's must be in water aerobics.
6. If one of the certifications is Land Aerobics 3 CEC's must be in land aerobics
7. Credits from other organizations are accepted without petition fees.
8. CREDITS BEYOND THE SAFETY OR MEDICAL CEC'S MUST BE IN ADULT FITNESS AND WELLNESS. IE PERTAINING TO THE INFORMATION NEEDED FOR AEROBICS INSTRUCTORS AND PERSONAL TRAINERS.
9. You may renew up to 6 months after your expiration date for $15 per certification late fee.